The Masonic Cemetery Association of Fallbrook is certified by the Green Burial Council as a Hybrid Burial Grounds and meets or exceeds all standards for the certification, One of only two cemeteries in Southern California to hold such a prestigious designation.
A Hybrid green burial is a form of interment designed to have minimal environmental impact, especially when compared to traditional burial methods. With this process, burials are performed using a natural woven casket or a shroud made of organic fabric. No preservatives or toxic chemicals are used, as no embalming is done during preparation of the body.
Each year, traditional burials place hundreds of thousands of gallons of toxic embalming fluid and millions of pounds of metal and concrete into the earth for perpetuity. By contrast, green burial minimizes environmental damage while fostering a greater union with nature.
Instead of contributing more imperishable waste to the environment, it nurtures the natural cycles of life. Green burial offers an eco-friendly process for our bodies to be returned to the earth, and a meaningful way to honor the life of a loved one.
• Families are given the opportunity to participate in the burial ritual process.
• Burial containers are made of natural material, cloth shroud, wool, cardboard, bamboo, seagrass, wicker or hemp.
• Decedents are not embalmed.
• Graves are dug 3' feet wide, 7' feet long and 3 1/2' feet in depth.
• Headstones are 9"x18"x3" and made out of stone, rock or wood.
• Plants may be used as memorial features, so long as the plant is drought tolerant and native to Southern California.
We are always here to help you make informative choices.
© 2018 Fallbrook Cemetery - All Rights Reserved.